Ever had a moment when writing a card where you have NO IDEA what to write? Yeah so have we! With hundreds of notes being sent weekly, you could say we’ve become a bit of an expert at what to write or include in a personalized message. We’ve seen it all, from a funny quip to a heart-felt expression of solidarity during hard times. We love seeing it all and want to help each of you know what to say when you can’t.
Sometimes it can get old saying the same thing every year, “Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day” or other variations of your same old saying. Not that they’re bad, but sometimes it can be fun to change things up and put in something different. Pair these messages with ourCelebrate box for afun way to change up your normal Happy Birthday messaging:
- I’m such a good friend I forgot how old you are… Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday you son of a really nice lady who deserves respect.
- Happy Birthday to the only person I’d rescue in a zombie apocalypse!
- Happy Day of Birth my friend, here’s to another year of us laughing at our own jokes, dealing with stupid people, and keeping each other sane :)
It’s hard enough sending a text, I mean what CAN you say to someone who has experienced a loss in their life, be it a friend, family member, or a beloved pet? Below are some safe phrases that show your love and support:
- I'm here to help in any way I can.
- We all need help at times like this, I am here for you
- My favorite memory of your loved one is…
- I’m so sorry for your loss, when you feel up to it let me take you out for coffee or dinner”
- If you ever want to talk about it I’m just one phone call away
Our newly released Grief Box includes lavender scented items and soothing bath salts that are sure to let your recipient know how much you love them during their time of grieving.
Whether it's an expression of love to a friend, a family member, or a significant other, these sweet messages are sure to give you cavities… Too cheesy? Okay these messages below might be a bit better at expressing your feelings along with our Gal Palbox:
- My life is so much richer because I have you in it.
- I cannot imagine my life without you being a part of it.
- You always know the right thing to say to make me smile.
- Whatever it is, we can handle it better together.
-"Some people are worth melting for." -Olaf, from Frozen
Sometimes, a message of gratitude is the hardest one to write. Some you just don’t know how to begin, others could take up a novel to write. Lucky for you though, here are some sentence starters!
- Thank you for… (describe act of kindness)
- I appreciate all that you do for…
- Thank you so much for being there when I couldn’t be there for myself
- "What can I say, except you’re welcome!” -Maui, from Moana
Not sure if words can convey your gratitude? Then order our curated Grateful for You box and customize it with your recipients favorite treats in our add-on section!
There’s more to work than just your normal 9-5 with the occasional pat on the back and an “atta girl/boy”. By implementing thoughtful and genuine messages of appreciation, employees would be more likely to increase work productivity and better employee retention for months to years past previous thoughts. Not sure what to write for a bulk order? Here aresome ideas to put on your card when you order our Appreciationbox:
-Employees like you make decision making for a boss easy. You have taken professionalism, dedication and commitment to a new level. Thank you for your flawless work ethics.
-I feel privileged to have you on my team. Words cannot express how I feel. Truly inspirational! Great job guys! You deserve the best.
-The company is where it is because of you. Thank you for your service and commitment towards our organization.
-When we talk about assets to the company, we are talking about people like you. You bring value to our company with your hard work, zeal, and commitment. You are our pride and joy.
-A company dreams of having employees like you. We feel privileged to have you. Thank you.
Funny Messages For That One BFF
We all have that one person in our life who we’ve shown all 13 personalities to, they’re the person who is’t afraid to let you know when you’re going off the deep end but are there to jump in with you just for kicks. They could be the person who doubles as your therapist, your love doctor, and your own personal hype woman (or man). Either way, they deserve our Pamper curate box, because we all know how much it takes to be as awesome of a friend as they are!
-Without “me” you’d just be “aweso”
-Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up (after I stop laughing)
-“All you need is love.. False, the four basic human necessities are air, water, food, and shelter.”, Dwight Shrute, from The Office
-We’ve been friends for so long I forgot who was the bad influence
-I know, it is so hard to find a friend who’s loyal, caring, honest and cute. Lucky for you, I’m all those things and more!
For the Mom’s in your Life
It could be for your mom, a woman in your life who is a mother figure, or for all of your current mom friends. This is sure to give these mom’s a giggle during the craziness of life! Send our Weekend Luxury for all those mommas who deserve a break.
- Here is a box of sweets for you to hide in the pantry with, don’t forget how amazing you are! P.s just tell the kids it's “too spicy” for them so you don’t have to share.
-“Hm. Teenagers. They think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you." -Sebastian, from The Little Mermaid
-"I hate kids. They're barely human." -Gordon Bombay, from The Mighty Ducks
- Mom, thank you for loving me almost as much as the dog,
- Congratulations on making a human! I can’t wait to hold your baby and give it back when it poops!
- Repeat after me. You. Are. FABULOUS!!!!
Other Brightbox Favorites!
- Thank you for your help this tax season!
- You got this semester! You’re on the homestretch, we are so proud of you :)
- Congrats on the house! Sleepover soon? I’ll bring the wine!
- Sorry about stealing your favorite top while you were at college... Truce?
Still not sure what to write for your box?
Use our new virtual messaging option instead! Instead of selecting a traditional note, select a recording and upload a personalized recording to our card option interface! Take all the time you need in your recording to let your friend know everything they need to know; love, support, solidarity, and the fact that YOU CARE. After its upload, a special QR code will be printed onto your card and BOOM, when they scan the QR code they get to see your lovely, gorgeous face as you feed them the deets on how AMAZING they are.
As always, let your light shine and help brighten someone’s day Bright Squad!
The Brightbox Team